Stay Motivated…We’re Almost Done!
Posted March 24, 2011on:
That’s right, you heard me! We’re almost done university! I have to be honest that now there’s only a couple weeks left of school, I am lacking motivation to finish my year-end projects (and don’t get me started on finals). What can I say? I’m exhausted. Moreover, all I can really think about is my life after university. Am I going to get the job? How long should I be on the sub list? Should I get my Master’s degree if I don’t get a job? Should I become a prof? These are questions that have been consuming my last few weeks of university…
But anyway, let’s get back to the “no motivation” part of this post. Believe me, I know how most of us feel about these last few weeks. Here are 15 tips to help you stay motivated when finishing those last-minute projects:
- FOCUS, FOCUS, FOCUS, FOCUS, FOCUS!!!
- Keep telling yourself, “It’s almost over!”
- Never doubt yourself and don’t be so negative about your workload.
- Plan your week ahead and stick to your schedule.
- Know your priorities. If your priority is to finish that unit plan or essay tomorrow, don’t stay up too late watching television.
- If you have a long list to complete for the weekend, break the work up into realistic chunks. However, don’t work ALL weekend. Find some time for yourself!
- Promise yourself a reward for completing a task. This does not include comfort food!
- Clean your room/office before you work. For most people, it’s hard to work in a cluttered space.
- Remove distractions from your working area. That’s right…NO Facebook or YouTube, NO cell phones, and NO television. (Sorry for sounding like your mom.)
- Listen to quiet music in the background if this helps you.
- During a break, go for a walk or run. This will keep the blood flowing and motivation running.
- Stay healthy by eating wholesome foods. Don’t forget to drink a lot of water, and have the occasional coffee if you need a boost.
- Get 8 hours of sleep per night (or more).
- Get up early to work. You will feel more refreshed and focused after a good sleep.
- Discipline yourself to stay with your work until it is finished.
Here are some resources that ANY university student will find helpful this time of year:
- Real World University: Getting and Staying Motivated
- How to Find Motivation to do Homework
- How to Get More Work Done in a Day
- 7 Ways to Get More Done
- How to Get Motivated – 8 Tips to Break Your Motivational Funk
- How to Get Motivated to Study
If you have any other ideas or resources to add to these lists, please do so. Hey, you might even help ME! 😉 GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!